Friday, October 1, 2010

Travelogue : Kota Kinabalu Day 1 - Wet Evening


We were at Night Market near Kampung Air when it started to rain. And because of the rain, we have to cancel our seafood dinner. Thing is, we did not rent any car because everywhere is within walking distance in KK (but not when it rains :p). We are now stranded at one of the street and the nearest food place we saw was KFC. And here we are, had our dinner and now waiting for the rain to stop. But the rain seems getting more heavier now.
Well anyway, this afternoon after Friday prayers, we toured Pasar Filipino and Pusat Kraftangan, the most famous place in KK for its souvenir like pearls and crystal, and cheap ikan bilis, udang kering, ikan terubuk masin etc. We did not buy any because we plan to do our shopping on our 5th day. The trick in here is that, all prices are marked up quite high. So when you want to bargain, you may go below than 50 percent than the original price. For example, there's this 10 keychain in a bag, the price tag is RM35. Then the girl give the first price at RM28, second price at RM20. Meanwhile, the girl from the other side will give u RM15 :) So, if you are looking for cheap prices, kena jalan-jalan sikit lah ok.
After that we headed to Warisan Square. I love this place. It comprises of shop lots and there were few blocks of them. And there are Padini Concept Store, Charles and Keith, Vincci, Esprit etc. For food - Big Apple Donut, Starbucks etc. The place is quite new and air-conditioned. We toured the place and then headed back to our hotel.
It was quite hot and sunny outside, and guess that was why I was a bit tired from the short jalan-jalan. I ended up sleeping in the hotel for 2 hours. This is so not me, but I guess maybe I was so tired and drained due to PPA and the rush this morning. We bring along our lappy because I know I will need to do my PPA (some office stuff), the due date this coming 6th. Thank god the lappy is also here, it keeps my husband occupied while I enjoy my 2 hours rest.
In most of our holiday, we spent most of the time outside the hotel, exploring the city. But I guess KK is an exemption because this place is very convinient, everything is within reach. But as our guide mention today, rest as much as we can for tomorrow activity. What is for tomorrow? Wait for my update :)


Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis
Powered by ShowMeBlogger.com

No comments: