Monday, January 14, 2008

I Love Goofing Around

Happy Birthday January babies - Nadia and Izmel. My sincere apology goes to both of you, and the rest of the YSLs, for my nonattendance to the birthday party last Saturday. Even though I was away, I had you all presence in my mind.
I was at Guoman, Port Dickson for an away day of a community outreach program I subscribed to.
My usual weekend errands and to-dos of tennis, reading, laundry, bingeing and what not were put on hold. Even though it was an away day to a community outreach program, what we did during the weekend was something unimaginable.
1. Met new friends and most of them are young professionals from Miri, Kerteh, Penang and Sabah. No bosses at ALL!
2. Saturday evening hangout at the hotel's bar for a bit of a dancing under the moonlight and star
3. Karaoke competition with songs revealed only on the spot. You are not talking about songs from Siti/Anuar or any famous mainstream artist in here. They ranges from Ibanese rock song to pure Persian/Arabian and even some Chinese songs from which century I seriously have no idea. Can you imagine the madness? My team aimed for some dance/pop song but when a rock song came out, we became numb. Thank God there was this one hairless boy came out with a head banging, a fake one, I suppose and guitar smashing HAHA. Just like Americon Idols, we were judged. We had the "You guys were horrible" remark and won the 2nd last place. HAHA.
4. Kooky outdoor activity. We need to hunt for 3 black ants, 3 red ants, 3 mosquitoes, 5 live earthworms, 1 live crab, 1 live spider, 2 live grasshopper,1 female hotel guests, make a hat from a nature just to name a few.
5. Transformation/Make Over Game. Male to Female. I'll share the youtube video if the boys had the guts to publish it.
I love this. Even though it was sort of a nonsense and does not seems to serve a purpose at all. Once in a while event, why not kan? There is a need to purge out the work acid reflux up there. A calibration to the mind. An outlet to channel my insanity.

No comments: